The access given to the data through this policy allows the sole and direct use of the data for scientific and educational activities. This categorically excludes the redistribution of data to third parties and the usage for commercial applications. Any commercial use of a dataset should be negotiated directly with the project coordinator and the owners of the dataset, who generally are those who have paid for the data collection. The contacts for such an agreement are Fabien Dezitter (email@example.com) and the dataset principal investigator whose name is mentioned in the Metadata.
The data were originally collected for specific purposes and no warranty is given as to their suitability for use by the recipient. The database centers, the data owners and the data principal investigators have no liability for any loss, damage, claim, demand, cost or expense directly or indirectly arising from any use, receipt or supply of data under this agreement.
The present data and publication policy may be revised in order to fit the project and database evolution at best, as deemed necessary by the ICE GENESIS project and field experiment lead scientists.
All ICE GENESIS datasets are licensed under the Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) .
The summary of (and not a substitute for) the license can be found here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode
You are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Main data user obligations and rights
- Data users are expected to directly contact the PIs of the data in order to offer collaboration. Any access to a dataset will automatically trigger an e-mail to the dataset PIs so that they are aware of who intends to use the data.
- Co-authorship of the dataset users and dataset PIs shall be the rule for publications making significant use of a dataset (“significant” meaning that the dataset used is necessary for the paper acceptance). In any case, the origin of the data used in publications shall be appropriately acknowledged and referenced.
- The agencies or institutions funding the ICE GENESIS field experiment have to be acknowledged in any publication or communication using the data. A general paragraph of acknowledgment is proposed, which should be included in the acknowledgment in each publication that is based on ICE GENESIS database: “The ICE GENESIS field campaign has received support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement no. 824310. Data are managed by the French national center for Atmospheric data and services AERIS.”
- Any publication making use of ICE GENESIS data shall be transmitted in electronic form to the project coordinator Fabien Dezitter (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as it is submitted to a journal, conference or any other publication support. Changes in the publication may be required as deemed necessary to fit the present ICE GENESIS Data and Publication policy. When published references shall be transmitted in electronic form to email@example.com.